The Ultima II is specifically engineered to meet the environmental demands of fish ponds. The lightweight media is designed for very high flow rates. The tubular Bio-Media has low head loss and a very high biofilm surface. The “Y” shape on the inside and wings on the outside afford a protective surface under backwashing, and with our patented backwash system will keep the media from clogging. The same properties have been added to this media in three different sizes with random lengths and diameters to avoid stacking.
The Ultima II tubular bio-media offers the highest surface area for growth of beneficial bacteria. No other backwashable pressurized filter compares. Cleaning the filter is done by internal jets. The Ultima II is also the ideal filter for aquariums where very high flow rates are desired.
Ultima II systems are packed with ultra-high filtration bio-media that provides both mechanical and biological filtration, ideal for aquariums and fish ponds. The advantage of the Ultima II filter is it´s non-organic filter media with properties that encourage bacteria growth. The disadvantage of conventional bead filters is they have only a single-surface area which encourages a second layer of bacteria to grow over the initial layer. The encapsulated bacteria underneath can become anaerobic. This continuous cycle can pose problems. Research led to three different types of media designed to grow and hold ammonia-oxidizing bacteria and heterothropic bacteria. Just one cubic foot of these three media has over two million tiny shapes. One cubic foot of Ultima II Media is equal to 750 square feet of surface area. The Ultima II system is designed to offer you exceptionally clear water, great for ponds and aquariums. Cleaning is done by internal jet back-washing.
To ensure maximum circulation through the filter, it is best to keep the hose short and the pumping height to a minimum, especially on the discharge side of the filter.
- "Cyclonic" backwashing - only takes minutes - does NOT require a blower
- Mechanical and biological filtration
- Very high flow rates3
- Supports heavy fishloads
- Seeded with natural bacteria
- Compact filter - can be partially buried
- Unique tubular design bio-media (1/4" round x 1/2" long) protects beneficial bacteria while dislodging unwanted debris
- Media will not clump together like common bead filters
- 1-year warranty
- For ponds up to 20,000 gallons
- 2" inlet / outlet size
- 7500 GPH max flow RATE
- Simple to backwashing, takes just minutes
- Internal jets provide thorough backwashing
- No blower needed
- Patented bio media with high surface area for optimum biological filtration
- Bio media does not channel or clump together
- Handles heavy fish loads
- Filter can be buried