Algae Control & Pond Maintenance
Algae Control is Possible with Pond Maintenance
Algae is a very common problem throughout Canadian ponds. If not treated early it can quickly turn your beautiful healthy pond into an overgrown slough. However, algae is very treatable! Both proactively (which is preferred) and reactively, algae can be managed!
Algae Prevention and Control
Preventative algae treatment is easy, economical and low-maintenance. Algae prevention is also far more economical that treating it after it has taken over your pond.
In 20 years of running a fish farm, we have discovered the formula to prevent algae. Daunting as it seems, algae prevention is simple and manageable.
Aeration is key to pond health and algae control
- Water circulation makes it difficult for algae to grow
- Oxygen prompts growth of good bacteria which limits algae growth
- Reduces phosphates (the main food of algae)
Pond Dye: Unexpected algae control
Pond dye is a simple preventative measure as it blocks sunlight into the water, making it difficult for algae and weeds to grow. The darker the better!
NaturalClear Pond Treatment – Good Bacteria!
- Uses up phosphates and nutrients that algae lives off of
- Eats away at any dead algae
- Bonus! Improves water quality and clarity
Kills algae within days! Simply spot treat any algae blooms that appear.
This combination treatment will minimize new growth and improve overall water quality. It is possible to have an algae free pond!