Kasco De-icers are perfect for preventing costly ice damage due to jacking/lifting, ice expansion, and winter-kill conditions. Kasco De-Icers are industrial strength and designed and engineered to withstand the harshest marine environments making Kasco THE LEADER IN ICE CONTROL ENGINEERING!
Kasco Marine, Inc. offers several sizes, models, and mounting options of De-Icers to accommodate almost every application and condition.
With sizes of 1/2, 3/4, and 1hp and units available in 120V or 240V, Kasco De-Icers easily fit your location and electrical requirements. Kasco De-Icers can be suspended by ropes, mounted on an optional Universal Dock Mount, or attached to an optional Horizontal Float for operation in many conditions. Also, optional De-Icer Controllers (C-10 and C-20) can be added to the De-Icing system to help control electric bills.
NEW Robust-Aire Diffused Aeration System
The NEW Robust-Aire Diffused Aeration System is an award winning design of efficiency and ease of use. Utilizing a shore mounted compressor, weighted tubing, and industry leading diffuser head, the RA systems produce excellent results in both winter and summer. To learn more, click here.
De-Icing is accurately referred to as an art form more than an exact science. Each application and location is different and there is no set rule in determining how many De-Icers are needed for a given area or which mounting option is the best. The effectiveness of your Kasco De-Icer depends on many factors. Keep in mind the following table is to be used as a general guideline and each situation is different. Please contact Kasco Marine, Inc. to assist in sizing and location if needed.
* Small bodies of water, the Great Lakes, and extreme northern climates may see less open water areas.
Each De-Icer boasts the following staples of Kasco equipment:
- Longer-life top and bottom ball bearings
- Environmentally friendly oil-filled motor with a hard-face internal mechanical seal and external lip seal for protection against leaks.
- Flood oil lubricated for excellent heat dissipation.
- Highly efficient, lower power consumption than competitive equipment
- Superior dependability in salt-water or other corrosive environments. All external metal motor, float, and hardware components are of stainless steel composition and protected by a sacrificial zinc anode.
- Requires minimal maintenance. We recommend cleaning the stainless steel motor housing once or twice per year and replacing the sacrificial zinc anode when visibly corroded.
- Extremely efficient and productive operation generating excellent flow per kW of power used
- ETL listed to stringent UL and CSA Safety Standards
- U.P.S. Shippable
- Made with pride in the U.S.A.