Algae is a very common problem throughout Canadian ponds. If not treated early it can quickly turn your beautiful healthy pond into an overgrown slough. However, algae is very treatable! Both proactively (which is preferred) and reactively, algae can be managed!
Preventative algae treatment is easy, economical and low-maintenance. Algae prevention is also far more economical that treating it after it has taken over your pond.
In 20 years of running a fish farm, we have discovered the formula to prevent algae. Daunting as it seems, algae prevention is simple and manageable.
- Aeration is key!
- Water circulation makes it difficult for algae to grow
- Oxygen prompts growth of good bacteria which limits algae growth
- Reduces phosphates (the main food of algae)
- Pond Dye: Unexpected algae control
- Pond dye is a simple preventative measure as it blocks sunlight into the water, making it difficult for algae and weeds to grow. The darker the better!
- All-Natural Pond Clarifier – Good
- Uses up phosphates and nutrients that algae lives off of
- Eats away at any dead algae
- Bonus! Improves water quality and clarity
- PolyPro Algaecide
- Kills algae within days! Simply spot treat any algae blooms that appear
This combination treatment will minimize new growth and improve overall water quality. It is possible to have an algae free pond!
Contact our experts at 1-855-414-7663 or email@example.com for an no-obligation Free Algae Prevention & Pond Maintenance Plan.